Powered By Blogger

January 24, 2010

I'm now a confirmed Catholic :)

I can still recall, just no less than 4 months ago. When i was thinking to myself after a whole day out with someone; that somehow made me doubt the presence of god. That night, i thought to myself, & asked. " Is there something really called GOD in this world? Does Buddha or Jesus Christ exist? "

Me being a form 4 student then, i was preparing to be confirmed the following year. I seeked advice from everyone around me, mostly catholic followers. Everyone gave me the same advice, saying that if you don't believe, don't get confirmed, you're just wasting your time. So then that lead to a slight argument with my mom cause i told her i was VERY sure i didn't want to be confirmed as i believed more in scientific reasons than anything with God. After much persuasion, i gave the recent church camp a last shot, only because my mom forced the shit out of me. Haha. That week, i had to miss Sai Kit's bbq party that somehow i just wanted to go so badly. My bad lah, i'm a fooood person sometimes. heh. But just thinking back about everything i've gained from the camp, i have no regrets, at all. Not just about missing the bbq okay, please. I bonded with new people, got to know people much more, more than what i see from just the outside. aaaaannnddd SHOWER IN COLD WATER IN THE MORNING! hahahaha.

Back to buisness, I just had my confirmation today & i actually do feel like a Catholic. I don't feel weird & there's nothing strange about it anymore. Some people say it's all in the mind. It's wether you want to believe if there is something called God or not; but i experienced something special in the camp that i dreaded going, & that must mean something. During inner healing, God must've been trying to tell me something, so i will learn to listen & follow :)

-Photos are posted on Facebook-

excuse some photos with oil on my forehead. No it's not oily skin, i got annointed with oil okaaay.

signing off,
samanthakoay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Click!